OpenSIPS (Open SIP Server) is a mature Open Source SIP server. With a very flexible and customizable routing engine, OpenSIPS 'unifies voice, video, IM and presence services in a highly efficient way, thanks to its scalable (modular) design.
OpenSIPS is one of the fastest SIP servers, with a throughput that confirms it as a solution up to enterprise or carrier-grade class.
OpenSIPS project is a continuation of the OpenSER project. Inheriting the OpenSER spirit of openness to the community and the will of progress (a continuous work to develop, enhance and extend the code), OpenSIPS continues and extends the OpenSER vision through a strong process of consolidation.
OpenSIPS can be used as:
- SIP registrar server
- SIP router / proxy (lcr, dynamic routing, dialplan features)
- SIP redirect server
- SIP presence agent
- SIP back-to-back User Agent
- SIP IM server (chat and end-2-end IM)
- SIP to SMS gateway (bidirectional)
- SIP to XMPP gateway for presence and IM (bidirectional)
- SIP load-balancer or dispatcher
- SIP front end for gateways/asterisk
- SIP NAT traversal unit
- SIP application server
Project website: www.opensips.org
Eyepea and OpenSIPS
Eyepea uses OpenSIPS (and Kamailio) in numerous SIP projects.